Saturday, April 28, 2012

Miss fix it won't save Humpty Dumpty.


Trying not to fall asleep sitting up. You'd think it impossible, until you get just tired enough to suddenly wake up sitting up. ;)
Patches on the other hand has no issue sleeping on one of my hands while I try to type this.

Had a bit of a late night early morning late morning?
What do you call it when you normally stay up till  7:00 AM (nighttime is the right time to create for me), feed the cats and go to bed, then suddenly find yourself needing to stay up till 1:00PM?

Anyway, I ditched the big clean up today to fix something I found yesterday while going through those unpacked boxes. It had chinese writing on the tiny display box, and inside were two tiny gold colored turtles. Obviously something heavy had been sitting on the box they were kept in. They're not meant to leave the tiny display case I found them in, but the glass fell out, both were unstuck from their spots and one of them had gotten decapitated, the tiny wires holding his bobbing limbs broken.

The display box itself is dented in, torn in places and that pesky glass is too loose to keep in right now.

What can I say? I love fixing things, restoring things to their former glory. So today I painstakingly put in new tiny wires to reconnect the turtle's head. Also re-glued the other turtle back to his original spot.

Tomorrow, if my previous handiwork holds, I'll reglue down the previously decapitated turtle, put back the glass and fix the tears in the box making the glass loose.

I also spent time boiling some of the 4 dozen eggs we have at the moment, taking off the hardened broken shells and cleaning them up (the shells lol the eggs were eaten), drying them out and putting them in storage containers for an eggshell textured painting I've been wanting to do this summer.

Wondering what that's all about?
Well, it wasn't my idea. Just another experiment, but this time inspired by the work of a favorite artist Cr3ativity who I met on a social art site and who has many colorful eggshell textured paintings I loved immediately. He even helped those of us who wanted to try the technique.

Here's my first attempt/experiment at putting eggshells to canvas. I'm not sure yet if it is truly finished.

The evil queen took her frustrations out on the mirror that saw Snow White.
.
I may end up taking a course in the fall that has to do with recycling found objects and junk into artwork. I wonder, if I take the course, what they'll have to say about this? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment